top of page
**The school is currently in a transition to newer facilities. We are still in Wudangshan just a few kilometers from the old school. It is near to the Wudangshan Stadium and TaiJi Lake. (Here for map) During this transition, new students coming to take part in the Health Class and specific workshops/courses will be directed to the new location next to TaiJi Lake. The Academy is fully relocating to the new area. We ask that during this time, and during your communication with the school, be clear on the date you will be arriving as well as the duration of your stay. We are making this transition as smooth as possible and training will continue. Thank You!**
When you are ready to begin your journey to Wudang, please contact us as we can
help with the preparation and can assist you in deciding the best path for you to
take in order to get to Wudang safely, quickly, and ready to train!
All persons intending to enter The People's Republic of China from outside countries must first have a valid passport and a Chinese visa (most likely a tourist visa). We can help you with obtaining your Chinese tourist visa by providing you with an invitation letter to hand in with your tourist visa application. Any other circumstances or special needs for visa application can be communicated to Master Yuan via e-mail.
Tourist visas can be extended here in town for up to one year. After one year, foreigners are required to leave the country in order to apply for a new tourist visa. Most students who stay for more than one year simply travel to Hong Kong or other neighboring countries to do so.
Getting To Wudang
There are many different routes to take to get to Wudang. Most come through major international cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, or Wuhan. Of these, Beijing is one of the easiest to navigate and is English friendly. From these cities you can take a train or even a connecting flight to the domestic airport in nearby Shiyan City. The train is about 20 hours and you will want to reserve a hard or soft sleeper ticket. Once you arrive at the train station, or the airport near Wudang, we can also arrange for a taxi to pick you up and bring you to the school. If you wish to have this arranged, please let the office know your travel plans as soon as possible. This way we can make the transition to Wudang smooth and safe for you as you travel. Below, we have included a basic language guide to use while traveling.
Wudang Travel Guide
Please take me to Beijing
West Railway Station
Qǐng dài wǒ qù běijīng xī zhàn
I want to buy a train ticket Wudang Mountain (K279)
wǒ xiǎng mǎi yī zhāng wǔdāngshān de huǒchē piào (K279)
*If you are planning on calling Master Yuan, please be sure to observe the respective time zone difference between your country and China before calling.
Click the icon to the right to download and print the travel guide to use.
Other Travel Tips
1. When travelling, be sure to keep an eye on your belongings. Keep your passport, money, and other valuables on your person at all times.
2. Make sure that you keep the Academy updated on your travel plans in case of changes. This will also ensure that someone is waiting at the train station or airport to pick you up, if requested.
3. Be aware of the Great Firewall of China. Some social media sites, like Facebook and YouTube, are blocked. If you wish to setup a VPN, it is best to do so prior to your travel.
4. Travel according to the seasons. While cloths can be bought in Wudang, larger size shoes can be more difficult to find. Make sure you come prepared with proper footwear and clothing.
5. Overall, have a good plan that is well communicated with the staff and Master Yuan. We have experience coordinating students from countries all over the world! We hope to see you soon!
bottom of page